• There is still room in the Lines Patternmaking Intensive on Sunday and Monday, May 15 and 16, 9 to 4 each day, ($250)
• Prices will be going up $10 for the Patternmaking and Design classes in the unit starting May 30. Weekly classes will be going up to $230 and Saturday to $175. Those of you who have paid ahead, we honor the lower tuition price so you are good until your credit runs out. This is the first increase in almost 4 years. Get as much accomplished as you can under this lower price.
• Don’t miss the Balenciaga Exhibit at the DeYoung in San Francisco. The show opened 3/26 and goes into July.
CONGRATS TO STUDENTS
• Amrieka Takhar in the Wednesday afternoon class had one of her nuno felted scarves is featured in the top row of images on Style@Stern. Check it out. Congrats Amrieka!
WEBSITES TO CHECK OUT
• This site has really good prices on supplies, and free shipping on most everything. Thanks Vatsla!
• The registration for the 10th International ARTS OF FASHION COMPETITION is very successful. We would be thrilled to have your School represented in the Arts of Fashion Competition 2011. We already have entries from 58 schools representing 25 countries, including 20 schools from around the US, and registration is still open till April 14th! It is not too late for your students to register!
It is a very important year for the Foundation because we are celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the founding of our organization. We will celebrate during the Arts of Fashion Symposium in San Francisco this fall – October 28-November 1, 2011. Save the date and please encourage your students to participate. Let us know if you have questions. Your students can also directly contact us.
To remind you, the Foundation is devoted to encouraging and developing creativity in fashion students and emerging entrepreneurial designers through a series of different activities which compliment educational programs from fashion schools around the world. Below are links to videos from the 2010 Arts of Fashion Symposium:
It has been designed as an excellent addition and tool to a university curriculum in the creative dimension taking place at the prestigious fashion research center – The Museum des Arts Decoratifs at Le Louvre ( June 2-July 22, 2011).