NEWS FROM APPAREL ARTS
• Late Summer Break: 9/19 through 9/24. No patternmaking classes will be held this week. You are not charged for this week so no need to make up the class. Tuition will be due the week of 9/26. Enjoy!
• We still have room in the Pockets Patternmaking Intensive this Sunday and Monday, 9/11, 9/12, 9-4 each day ($250). Let me know if you are interested in taking the class. I need to give you a packet of information before the class.
• There is still room in Fashion Illustration, Mondays 1-4 pm, 9/26 through 11/7. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested.
• We also have room in Tech Packs on Tuesdays, 5:30 to 8:30 pm, 9/27 to 11/1. You will need to bring your own laptop with Excel and Illustrator loaded. You really should consider taking this class if you are close to the end of the program here. Most clothing companies want to see that you know how to make up a tech pack on a garment.
• We added another construction class to the fall schedule. There are a few spots left. The class will run Saturdays from 1-4 pm starting 11/12. Check the class schedule on-line for the dates. It will fill up so sign up soon if interested.
• In the next month or two, I will be replacing all the sewing machines with brand new ones. I will be selling the existing machines for about $175-$200. Please let me know if you would like to reserve one.
BLOGS AND SITES TO CHECK OUT
• Britex has a good blog going. Check it out at http://www.britexfabrics.com/blog/
• Check this out. It made me smile. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/09/04/magazine/mag-04nine.html
•Lupe forwarded this cool site. Thanks! http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/fashion?ref=sidebar
Director Apparel Arts